Monday, April 13, 2009

A Pink + Turquoise Baby Shower!

Soooo, for those who don't know, hubby and I are expecting a little girl in a few months! We had a coed baby shower/brunch this past weekend which was GREAT times and I wanted to share a few photos. We had the shower at Bravo in Woodmere, Ohio:) Enjoy!





We had three kinds of 'color coded' cupcakes: strawberry, lemon and chocolate. Also had a small cake. They were freshly baked that morning and OH so delish!
Super cute personalized cupcake toppers courtesy of Etsy shop Bug and Boo:)
My DIY cupcake stands! I searched and searched for cute cupcake stands (not a huge fan of the basic wire kind--and not a fan of spending LOTS of $$$ on something like this...) until I had an epiphany in Dollar Tree! My cupcake stands cost $2 each to make and my pink cake platter was $1. For the cupcake stands I simply flipped over those pink containers and hot glued them to some plastic serving platters. Super sturdy and very cute.
Baby's wooden letters. They adorned the cake table but will eventually be hung in her (pink and turquoise) nursery!
Martha stewart tissue poms and DIY carnation pomander atop blue mason jars were the table decor.
Gift bag stickers from Etsy shop SassyCat...
More cupcakes and gift bags. We gave away fortune cookies and instant win lottery scratch offs.
My beloved carnation CPs! These were simple to make with floral foam and carns but beware! Took FORTY-FIVE carnations to cover ONE 8-inch Oasis floral foam ball! (Live and learn). 
Some zebra on the spray rose centers for whimsy. Guests took these home.
The dessert table scape...one more time!

5 comments:

Kellie B said...

Love the colors! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hello Meghan!!

What a surprise to hear that you are expecting a new addition to your family!! Many many congrats to you, Drue and Zoe!! I love the name for your new baby!!

The shower looks fabulous, great job!!

Take care!

Kimberly Lehman
Love Laughter & Elegance: Wedding & Event Planning

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!!! Congrats on your new addition. I have been following your blog for a while now. You are very creative and stylish.

Keep up the good work and I will continue to follow!

P.S. I would use my name but I forgot my usename and password for my blog (LOL)!

Dana said...

Congratulations!!! You ar just having one exciting event after another.

Unknown said...

Hi, I love the colours and the detail x