Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Two Florists & A Lighting Guy

So, next week I will be in Cleveland for a few days (Thanksgiving) and am super excited to FINALLY have a chance to meet with some vendors. As you know, I am planning our wedding long distance and have largely been communicating with vendors via e-mail and phone and relying on my fabulous mom to do legwork.
It's always better to meet with people face-to-face, so I'll be doing just that--all day on Friday the 23rd! The interview line-up includes... two florists and a lighting company.
Here is my agenda for Friday, August 23:

8:00 AM: Beg fiance to take me to rental car place to pick up two-day rental car.
(I'm not driving my SUV home. If I did, the trip would cost me about $200 with the cost of gas...)

10:30 AM: Meet with John of RCS Corporation in the BP Tower to discuss lighting and draping, and to hopefully soon after get a reasonable quote.
Here is what John said to me on the phone yesterday:
"See, I've worked with the same customers for years...and they keep coming back to me because I'm frugal with their money," he said. "So what I'll do depending on your budget is figure out a quote and then if it's not what you had in mind, we can rethink it to make it work for you."
**Hmmmm....I like John already!

1:00 PM: Meet with Lynn of Creations by Lynn to talk flowers.
Here is what Lynn's assistant said to me last month at the Bridal Show:
"Lynn is very good about working within your budget."
Me: "But what if i want to do some things myself?"
"Oh, Lynn will order the flowers for you!"
**Hmmmm...kinda liking Lynn, too!

3:00 PM: Meet with Helene of Hosanna Designs to talk flowers.
I spoke to Helene last week and she is super nice. She said she liked me already because I had creative ideas. And at least one person on IndieBride was familiar with her work and said "she's creative, inexpensive and actually tries to save you money...."

5:00 PM: Happy Hour!

No comments: