Sunday, November 11, 2007

Vista Print: Part I

So I am using Vista Print as the printer for my invitations--to which there are a LOT of components. I am doing pocketfolds, so in all there are four printed pieces to the invite- the actual invite, two detail cards and an RSVP postcard.

An advantage to me figuring this out early is that I get to test, test and test again ALL of my vendors. SO, I ordered a batch of the RSVP postcards from VistaPrint about two weeks ago to see what the quality was like.

100 postcards arrived Saturday, earlier than I expected and well packaged. (At checkout I chose the slowest possible shipping time--like 3 weeks). Also, I should note I paid only $5.99 (the shipping) for 100 postcards! VistaPrint ALWAYS has "free" and majorly discounted promotions going so I plan on using that to my advantage! I seriously doubt I will pay more than $100 for all of my printing when all is said and done.

Anyway, the postcards look GREAT! The color is great, the printing crisp and the card stock is a nice heavy quality and glossy. So far I am recommending Vista Print as I am amazed with their pricing and customer service has so far exceeded
expectation.

Oh--on a sidenote, Emily, who designed our invites, also created this Save the Date card... but we are unsure about sending out save the dates--fiance thinks they are pointless--and even if we do, I don't think I would use this design. I would like something more interesting. Any ideas about what I could use this card for?

No comments: