Wednesday, February 13, 2008

In Lieu of a Veil...



I have (almost) decided to wear a flower in my hair to give me the "bridal effect."
If not a flower, then definitely a vintage hair brooch. I think either would work well.
So I ordered an orchid hair pin from Etsy for about six bucks just to see if I liked the flower look.
And I do! Unfortunately, the orchid clip I ordered is the wrong color to go with my gown. It's just not white enough and is kind of yellowish. See?

It's pretty though, and it looks fairly realistic. I can definitely wear it on our honeymoon in Punta Cana! I haven't decided if I will try to wear a real cymbidium in my hair. Although they are certainly sturdy blooms, I just think a synthetic, real-looking one may be a better option to last all night...
Here is one I'm considering from GabbyMac, but doesn't it still look kinda yellow?:

Here's an ivory gardenia from the same store:

Here are examples of hair jewelry I am considering:


Both from Michelle's Vintage Jewelry

Anyways, if you're looking for very affordable hair blooms from a cool Etsy seller, this post was made for you!
I'm still on the prowl for the perfect flower, though.
Do you know any great places to look?


And hey. Speaking of flowers. I hope I get some tomorrow for Valentines Day!

No comments: