Monday, February 18, 2008

More "Drowning" Orchids...

Orchid Trial #2
*Sigh* OK. I promise this is THEE last submerged orchid trial I am going to do. Even I am getting sick of this. But I created this with my dying dendros fiance got me for Valentines day and thought I'd share because I think its pretty for those looking for a super cheap centerpiece. This took like 5 minutes to throw together.
I apologize for the kitchen appliances and liquor in the background in advance!




What it Took:
5 glass cubes from DollarTree- $5
1 glass cylinder from Michaels-$3
2 stems of dendrobium orchids-$4 (approximately)
Large floating candle: $2
1 pack of small floating candles from DollarTree-$1
Water
------------------------------------------
Grand Total=$17.00

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way the trial turned out. The sunken orchid look is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you - while I am not planning a wedding, I am planning a uber swanky law school graduation party for myself with a SMALL budget. The sunken centerpieces are such a great idea and look amazing!! Thanks for all the links they were SO helpful! And congrats on the wedding!